Rooted in Christ’s Teaching and Confident in God’s Love We, The Diverse Community of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Journey Together in the Spirit of Service Seeking Wisdom Through Intellectual Development Sharing the Message of Hope Growing in God’s Grace
Easter JoyDear OLPH,
The dawn greets us with mystery. The man they call Jesus of Nazareth cannot be found. His tomb is empty. Matthew tells us that an angel of the Lord rolled back the stone, and the guards “were shaken with fear of him and became like dead men,” (Mt 28:4). In all varied accounts white, dazzling, and lightning reappear to paint the picture of mystery and majesty. Terror and fear, questions and bewilderment predominate.
Intercede for us, dear Mother, in obtaining pardon for our sins. love for Jesus, final perseverance and the grace always to call upon you, Mother of Perpetual Help. Amen
The Church Year
- Advent - four weeks of preparation before the celebration of Jesus' birth
- Christmas - recalling the Nativity of Jesus Christ and his manifestation to the peoples of the world
- Lent - a six-week period of penance before Easter
- Sacred Paschal Triduum - the holiest "Three Days" of the Church's year, where the Christian people recall the suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus
- Easter - 50 days of joyful celebration of the Lord's resurrection from the dead and his sending forth of the Holy Spirit
- Ordinary Time - divided into two sections (one span of 4-8 weeks after Christmas Time and another lasting about six months after Easter Time), wherein the faithful consider the fullness of Jesus' teachings and works among his people
The mystery of Christ, unfolded through the cycle of the year, calls us to live his mystery in our own lives. This call is best illustrated in the lives of Mary and the Saints, celebrated by the Church throughout the year. There is no tension between the mystery of Christ and the celebration of the saints, but rather a marvelous harmony. The Blessed Virgin Mary is joined by an inseparable bond to the saving work of her Son, and the feasts of all the Saints proclaim the wonderful works of Christ in his servants and offer the faithful fitting examples for their imitation.In the feasts of the Saints the Paschal Mystery of Christ is proclaimed and renewed.